I will be speaking at the Marketing Operations Management Symposium in New York on Monday May 9th. If you are interested how technology can help improve the way marketing departments and brands are run, then this is THE event for you. This is the best place to hear about Marketing Resource Management (MRM), Marketing Operations Management (MOM), Enterprise Marketing Management (EMM) or whatever 3 letter acronym this technology currently sports.
More specifically you can learn about how to use technology to improve internal marketing processes such as:
- Strategic planning
- Financial management and budgeting
- Production of marketing collateral
- Accountability and audit, including reporting for Sarbannes Oxley
- Brand management
Sessions will also discuss the issues around using technology for:
- New product launches
- Management of the marketing supply chain
- Marketing Return on Investment calculations
- Managing local implementation against a global backdrop
- Marketing knowledge management
- Six Sigma
- Integration with operational and analytical CRM
The conference runs on both the 9th and 10th May.
I will be talking about:
- How to conduct a needs analysis: understanding and optimising your processes before automating them
- A roadmap for MOM implementation
- Components of MOM, and key vendors in each category – CRM, marketing analytics and campaign management, DAM and MOM
- Comparing vendors that are typically short-listed – features and functionality, costs and benefits
- A product/competency matrix for MOM suppliers
- Enterprise versus mid market solutions
- MOM specialists versus enterprise infrastructure giants
- Examining the value proposition of these solutions – suggested and actual benefits
I have also been asked, in association with the conference, to facilitate a workshop on the Wednesday morning. As their marketing blurb says:
“Drawing on Freddie’s extensive experience” (yawn) “of auditing marketing operations at several major companies, this tutorial will provide a practical framework for understanding your current marketing processes, identifying opportunities for enhancement, and understanding how long your MOM project will take and how much it will cost.
- How to examine the structure of your marketing organisation
- How to audit your existing marketing program management processes, encompassing the brief, budget allocation and tracking, supplier relationships, creative workflow, review and approvals, through to execution
- identifying bottlenecks, duplications, delays and inefficiencies
- Setting project objectives and building a business case for MOM: finding short term wins / building with the long term in mind
- Developing a checklist of required and desired functionality / process enhancements to take into vendor selection.”
I presented at the same event last year, so am an old hand! If you have any questions about the event then please get drop me a line. Otherwise there are more details here.
For those based in Europe and unable to make it along, don’t worry! Henry Stewart, the conference organisers, are planning a similar event in London on June 21st and 22nd. I’ll post more details here as and when I have them.
PS If you wonder what I do for a day job then this should give you a pretty good idea!